The "Slow" sign spoke to me visually as I walked by it. The familiarity of the sign is something everyone can associate with, however I tried to break the rule of thirds by filling the majority of the space with the sign and cropping off the edges to hopefully create a sense of incompleteness but also left some surrounding details like the overgrown shrubbery to give the viewer a glimpse of it's environment but also wanting to see more. Also took the shot at an angle instead of straight on so the words somewhat trail off and further play with the lines in the shot. The graffiti is a unique marking which gives more detail to the story and I love how the encroaching shrubbery helps indicate that the environment around the sign have "slowed" down.
1 comment:
This is a pretty straight forward shot. And yet, it really appeals to me. It has the feeling of a very old sign...faded, overgrown, defaced...perhaps on an old abandoned road somewhere. It just evokes a feeling...and I like that.
Post a Comment