I was so happy to finally straighten the horizon a bit on this one. It always bugged me that we were leaning. And I was happy to brighten up the pope's face a bit...it had always seemed a bit too dark in the shadow.
Just tried an experimental approach with some filters. Ended up liking this "stained glass window" filter.
The first time I edited this, I cropped to get in closer and focus on the turtles. But that was all. This time I tried to think more about getting turtle heads in a relatively appropriate "thirds" grid. I also sharpened the focus...which made the turtles look better but made the white highlights on the front side of the log a bit too bright. So then I darkened those with the "burn" took so the eye was still, hopefully, drawn to the turtles.
Didn't know what to do with this. I ended up adding a blur effect. Somehow that made things feel even colder.




No comments:
Post a Comment